jueves, 17 de marzo de 2016

Betrayal at Calth... II

Today I'm writting to tell you that I'm weak. I've been saving aside some money for a hobby project so that when I had more or less completed my actual painting enterprises (some of which have been waiting since 2010) I could buy something pretty, like Horus and a Deredeo or some additions to my Dark Mechanicum army. This was before a rumor came saying that Betrayal at Calth was going out of stock. As I've already said before and without wanting to be too insistent on the matter, I think that the BaC box is an absolutely amazing addition to start or compliment any Legion Horus Heresy army, as it has more than a 50% discount, some amazing models (actually all of them are pretty amazing) and, if you know the basic principles of kit bashing and converting, it has a good selection of units game-wise. So as you will already have guessed, I went last Wednesday to my local GW store, gathered all my savings and bought a second Betrayal at Calth box...
So, what I'm going to do with it? Well, first I'll tell you what I had made with my last BaC for my Sons of Horus:
- A cataphracti terminator Praetor simply converted to have a paragon blade instead of a chainfist with the catsphrsctii power sword (actually that conversion, as easy as it seems, went badly as the stripes are different).
- A Primus Medicae Consul with a nartheticum, which is a chain fist from the cataphractii with a greenstuff cable, and a needle pistol, which is a cataphracti combi bolter with a short piece of wire to be the needle.
- A Legion Contemptor Dreadnought Talon consisting of the contemptor from the box with a Multi-melta and a FW Sons of Horus Contemptor Dreadnought with a FW Contemptor Power Claw (with an inbuilt plasma blaster) and the Kheres Assault Cannon remaining from the BaC box.
- 10 Sons of Horus Justaerin Terminators made from the mixture of the 5 BaC Cataphractii and 5 Justaerin from FW with 5 dual power claws and 5 power fist and combi bolt with a heavy flamer, all from the box.
- 10 veterans with a combi-melta sergeant with melta bombs, a heavy bolter, a flamer, a Legion Vexila, and a greenstuff Nuncio-Vox.
- Two 5 man Legion Support Squads, one with meltas and the other with plasmas.
- 5 rapier weapon batteries with a Laser destroyer, which are made out of plasticard, plastirod and greenstuff; and which crew are removable to make a veteran squad just like the other (unfortunately, just one of this is finished, the others are half built).

This was originally thought as being an addition for my CSM and only being used in a 30k game occasionally. The thing is that I got quite hooked by the Age of Darkness game, and I was stuck with an army that didn't work that well alone, but I think that I've fixed that with the new units which are meant to be used with the Black Reaving rite of war, so that my reavers are troops:
- A Cataphracti Forge Lord Consul with a Thunder Hammer (which is actually the Stormcast Eternals leader, the Something-Prime, Ghal-Maraz, which was lent to me), a graviton gun made from a melta rifle, a cyber familiar which is a raven that I misteriously had in my bitz box, and a Servo Arm made
with plasticard, greenstuff cables and a Dwarf tool. Also I cut off the cape to diference it from my
praetor, even though I liked it pretty much, and changed the position of its head.
- A Master of the Signal Consul (compulsory for the Black Reaving but actually pretty good in the board) with a jump pack made of plastirod, plasticard, greenstuff and a power pack, and I haven't totally decided the weapons, but I think I'll go with dual power weapons as it can't shoot if it boosts the BS of a unit, but I'll probably try to make it so that it can be swapped from Volkite Serpentas so that it can be used as a Moritat.
- A contemptor dreadnought (which completes my talon) with Multi-melta, Power fist and inbuilt melta gun from the FW arm.
- 5 dual wielding lightning claws Justaerin Terminators from the Cataphractii of the box (I can now field a 10 man dual wielding lightning claws justaerin, which now are cheaper and have two wounds, as a bodyguard for my praetor, which will utterly destroy anything that isn't a vehicle from the board, and can also deep strike because of Black Reaving.
- 10 reavers with a volkite charger (converted boltgun) and power swords (converted from combat
blades), a Chieftain and jump packs (made the same way that the Master of the Signal one).
- 2x5 reavers kitted the same way that the ten man unit.
- A 5 man Legion Heavy Support Squad all with Volkite Culverins made out of heavy boltguns full of greenstuff cables, but that aren't glued, so can be swapped to be anything except missile launchers.
- 5 Jetbike Sky Hunters that I mean to build with five veterans and plasticard Javelin Pattern Jetbikes, but I don't know if I'll manage to do it, as my skills with plasticard aren't that phenomenal. Anyway they'll be kitted with a Sergeant, one Volkite Culverin and melta bombs.

And this is my actual Heresy army, which is still in progress, and that I hope I can finish to asemble in the Easter-following days and I promise I'll post photos about. Hope this served for inspiration to others and to illustrate the unending amount of things you can do with a Betrayal at Calth box.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario